Monday, June 30, 2008

Hold on to your butts . . . actual knitting photos!

I know I still have a few more vacation photos to catch up on, but since this is theoretically supposed to be a knitting-related blog, I figured it would behoove me to share pictures of some of the things I've been working on lately. If you're looking for them on the OysterGirl store, you're going to have to keep looking until September--I'm not posting any new items until then.

So now I bring you . . . Baby Hat Bonanza! Alternate title: A Festival of Teeny Tiny Head Afghans.



I think this is my favorite one of the whole batch. I've always been a sucker for rainbows.


These ones are also baby-sized:


And this batch is sized for kids:





Lastly, I did a design for some little stocking-shaped gift card holders. Any thoughts for decorative motifs to put on them?


In other news, my garden is starting to produce produce! It's so exciting. Here are some pictures of it I took this afternoon. As you can see, the squash plants are pretty much taking over.


This is the little "Jenny Lind" melon patch.


This looks like it's attached to one of the plants that was supposed to be yellow cucumbers, but it sure looks like the start of a zucchini to me . . . albeit a really round one?


I have about three carrots coming up, but as you can see, they are in the shadow of the gargantuan squash plants! Next year, the squash and melons will be off in mounds of their own, away from the rest of the garden.


The row of beets, similarly squash-shaded.

Flat-leaf parsley!


Edamame!


More, blurrier edamame!

Pretty melon blossoms.

One more eensy squashy thing-in-progress.


I swear this picture looked like it was in focus in the little camera window. Shootface. It is my first purple stringbean! Whoo-hoo!

This beet was not very big, but it was mostly pushed up out of the soil, and hence not likely to grow much bigger. It was delicious!


I picked a little parsley and arugula, which I used along with some of the beet greens in a salad for my dinner this evening. Fantastic!


I was extremely excited to actually be able to eat from the garden today, and am hoping for much more of the same in the coming weeks. Yay!

3 comments:

KG said...

Squash doesn't know it's place. It's always taking over. Which was unfortunate for me as a child because my mom was always coming from with a giant squash from my grandma's. This event was guaranteed to have me sitting late at the table "until I ate my squash". Until the time I waited out my parents. I was going to sit there ALL NIGHT if I had to. They finally sent me to my room.

And per our other discussion, I'm going to vote the darker blue and hot pink. Yay.

Anonymous said...

I predict you'll be receiving two orders for hats come September 1st! Very cute! - Melly

Anonymous said...

Correction - Two orders from *me* September first. :) I hope you have many, many more orders than that. - Melly