Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Wishing

I intermittently think of things that it would be useful to have, though far from urgent. For instance, I would love to get a decent used bike for toodling around Crieve Hall, down to the Edmondson Pike library, over to my Wednesday babysitting job on Franklin Road, to the Goodgames', etc. These places are just outside the scope of being able to walk there and back efficiently (every time I've walked to the library thus far, I've hitched a ride home with Katie Sue), but still close enough that it seems like a shame to start up the car.


Then there are things like used bubble mailers, which I mentioned in a previous post I would love to take off peoples' hands and reuse. Just things that I could use, that perhaps the readers of this blog would be willing to help me keep a look out for.


So, to that end, I've decided to start a "Wishlist" over at the right of the blog, along with my links and "Current Reading" and whatnot. This is by NO MEANS intended as plea for people to buy me new stuff. Au contraire. I hold firmly to the belief that there is too much stuff in the world as it is, and I certainly do not want to contribute to the demand to create more of it. However, since there's a lot of it out there, the list is a modest attempt to help me locate some useful goodies from the overflow. Or that's what I'm telling myself, anyway.


When I add something new to the list, I'll describe what I'm seeking in the blog itself, and then link the list back to the pertinent post (assuming I can figure out how to do that, of course). So, if you see something that I've listed at a yard sale, at the curb or in your garage, please give me a shout!


Here are the two things I've mentioned so far:



BICYCLE: (see above) Not looking for anything fancy--just something safe and efficient to take me on little errands of five miles or less.

BUBBLE MAILERS: (see above) Please save bubble- or other poly-mailers in good shape that I can slap a new mailing label on and ship knit goods in!

So, that's it for the wishlist concept . . . we'll see how it goes.


It's Tuesday night, which means I just got home from Tracy's. We didn't study the Bible tonight, but we did hang out in front of the fire with yummy coffee, cider and brownies!


Eli loves me. No, really. He LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVES me. See for yourself.



More stuff should be going up on the store soon--hopefully tomorrow. Stay tuned and thanks for reading!

No comments: