Thursday, November 1, 2007

3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . . blastoff . . .

It's here! Today is the "official" "launch" "day" of the OysterGirl webstore. Even though the store itself was set up a few weeks ago, and all of the items on there right now were posted as of yesterday afternoon, still--I needed to have a deadline, and today is it.

So, if you haven't already done so, PLEASE visit my webstore! There's a link at the top of the list at right, or just click on the logo below:


Now, some of you may have gotten here because I sent you an e-mail today (or yesterday, or whenever I sent it relative to when you read it and are hence reading *this*), and you may be wondering how we both got to this point. In the words of David Byrne, "You may ask yourself, 'How did I get here? This is not my beautiful house! This is not my beautiful wife!'"


Well may you ask. I've been asking myself that for the past few months now. For some deeper background, you may want to go back to the beginning of this blog and catch up on some of the happenings in the World of Lynn. Or, you may just want the super-simplified version, which goes something like this:

- I didn't expect to become suddenly unemployed in June--just as I was closing on my house--but I did.


- I didn't expect not to find another job, but I haven't.


- I didn't expect that I would ever really enter the entrepreneurial world, in spite of people encouraging me for many years to do so. And yet, here I am. Twofold, really--in addition to the launch of the webstore and the OysterGirl brand, in the coming months I will also be working on my music for kids. Scary.


What does any of this have to do with you? Well, I'm writing this blog and sending out e-mails in an attempt to inform people of the changes and developments in my life, as well as keep myself accountable. And, let's face it, to ask for help. 'Cause I harbor no illusions that I can do any of this on my own. So, how can you help?


1) Visit the store. Forward the link to other folks. Maybe buy some stuff, or at least encourage someone else to buy some stuff.


2) Send me your ideas. I want to make stuff that I am inspired to, but also hopefully merge that with what other people are interested in, as well. If you think of something that you think I should be making, please let me know so I can!

3) Keep your used-but-good-condition bubble- or other poly-mailers for me to reuse in my mail-based business! Save the environment and a little cash for me.

4) If you live in Nashville and know someone looking to rent a room, I'm still on the lookout for a good roommate. Not entirely related to the knitting store, but hey, I might as well mention it.

5) Take some of my business cards and give them out to folks you know who might be interested in looking at the store and/or custom orders. If you live outside the 'Ville, I am happy to send some to you!

6) If you are so inclined, please pray for me. This is new, and scary, and so far I'm mostly spending money that I don't have doing it. But I *really* love it, and for the first time in quite a while am excited enough to get up early and stay up late (like right now) "working."

Guess that's it for today. Thanks for reading, thanks for looking, thanks for helping. Today is just the beginning, so thanks for coming along for the ride. (Hope you took your Dramamine.)

No comments: