Monday, July 2, 2007

Day 19 - Hooked on Phonics worked for me

Mom took FGTatWSC back to the library today, which was fine since I finished it over the weekend. I am now reading short fiction out of A Treasury of Great Mysteries, copyright 1957.

After I finished the dark brown Coffee Cozy (TM) for Kristen and Nick in Sunriver, I made the leftover yarn into a hotpad, with the intention of felting it. Unfortunately, we ran out of time to do the felting before we had to leave for Portland, so I left it there for Kristen to do herself--which she has done splendidly! And here are the photographs to prove it. (It took me a minute to figure out that they were taken on top of the patio table out on the deck.)




I just realized that I'm down to my last week of vacation! Guess I still have a little more time to be "productive," i.e. read What Color is Your Parachute? and stuff . . . but I'm not sweating it too much. I do have a couple of new songs I am working on that I'd like to finish before I get back, but if that doesn't happen, it won't be the end of the world, either.

But if you do have any reading suggestions, I'm certainly open to them! Thanks for your e-mails letting me know you're reading. Oh, which reminds me--I'm without cell service here in Sparty, but I am trying to check my e-mail a couple times a day, in case you happen to be trying to reach me. Or, you can just wait a week and stop by my new digs in Nashville!

No comments: