Sunday, December 9, 2007

On the brink

I'm about || <-----this far away from being sick. I'm a little bit tired, a mite congested, and a skosh achy. I ought to have rested more today, but at least I didn't work the whole day after I got home from church. I didn't work the whole day yesterday, either. Hannah and I ventured to downtown Franklin for the annual Dickens of a Christmas . . . festival? Event? Happening? Whatever you want to call it, it was a doozy! This dude is my favorite part about DoaC. The instrument which he assembles and plays is apparently called a "glass harmonica." Last year, H and I got there early enough to see him actually set up and tune the thing, which as you might imagine is quite an arduous process.


Last year it was also quite cold the day we went, which makes a job requiring bare, wet fingers all that much more difficult. Fortunately for us all, the weather was extremely mild this year. A great part of the fun of watching him is his facial expression.


Okay, I just did a search for the glass harmonica player, 'cause it was bugging me that I kept referring to him without using his name. Turns out it's Donal Hinely, and you can visit his website here. He's apparently also a singer/songwriter--who knew?

OysterGirl knits has ventured into the realm of Webkinz-wear! The first outing is two custom-made loincloths (feel free to ask, but it's complicated). Since I don't have a Webkinz of my own to model, here's what one of them looks like on Captain Underpants.


Lots more to report, but seeing as I may have slightly underestimated my previously-mentioned symptoms, I'm going to wrap this up and head to bed. Happy 16 days 'til Christmas, everyone!

No comments: