Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Day 13 - PDX > LAS

(That's a mathematical equation.)

Am back at the Portland airport, preparing to depart for parts east. This is a much nicer airport than Las Vegas, also featuring free WiFi, along with better shops, wider concourses, and nicer carpet.

It is still quite early local time (5:46 am PDT), so I don't have too much to say at this point. There are a whole bunch of photos to show you from the past couple of days, but Kristen and I decided it would be better to upload them over the Sunriver WiFi rather than Papa's dialup.

Here are a few more photos from Sunday. Nick and I before the race:


And Nick finishing. Notice that he finished significantly before I did.



One more thing I forgot to tell you about the excellence of the Portland airport--the restrooms feature these special commodes that have two different flush settings. To conserve water, you push the toilet handle up for #1 (liquid waste), or down for #2 (solid waste). My favorite part about this is that the explanatory signage actually uses the terms "#1" and "#2"! Hilarious *and* eco-friendly.

I'm finishing this entry from the free WiFi in the Phoenix airport. BNA, if you're reading this, you need to get on the ball.

More soon!

No comments: