Sunday, June 17, 2007

Day 4 - The Trout House/Quail Run Golf Course

Happy Father's Day to all, paternally-oriented or not! I did go out for a run this morning as planned--or, should I say, a "run-ish." My knees started to hurt, so I did more speed-walking than I did actual running. However, I still made it back to the house in about 45 minutes, so not too shabby. It was beautiful out, sunny and cool. The only slight hitch was the yahoo driving his car (!) on the pedestrian/bike path.

We had a lovely brunch at Sunriver's Trout House. It was tough to decide what to order off the menu, but I finally decided to live up to my name and get the pan-fried oysters. They were so delicious that I can't even think of anything remotely clever to say about them.



Poor Claudia left hungry after her teensy weensy Cobb salad.


And now we interrupt this blog for a brief quiz: How many gainfully employed individuals are pictured below?



Answer: Zero! Isn't that the happiest bunch of unemployed folks you've ever seen? (Although Zoe is apparently ashamed to be seen with us.)


Upon returning home I briefly considered passing out, but opted instead to accompany Papa Ray on his Father's Day golfing to Quail Run, about 15 minutes away from Sunriver. The course was much more sparsely populated than we had anticipated, which suited us just fine. I got to drive the cart!



Papa Ray is so even-tempered that he may tee off, but he never gets "teed off." Yuk yuk yuk.



Golf may be a "good walk spoiled," but it's hard to spoil a walk surrounded by these mountains.




We got behind a slower group, which was not a problem since we weren't in a hurry. Papa used some of the time to fish errant balls out of a water hazard.



Papa and I decided that a good way for us to spend our time would be to open up our own brewery (you following this, Davey B.?) Names current up for discussion are "L & R's", "Southpaw" (since like whining weenie Phil Mickelson, we both golf left-handed), and "Yar".

A slight correction to yesterday's entry: the supposed longest runway is not the one in Sunriver, but Redmond, OR. Although there is some skepticism about this factoid, but since it came from Papa Ray and we are now BFF (apologies to KG and Andy O.), far be it from me to refute it.

Lastly but certainly not leastly, thanks to everyone who's been reading and e-mailing me! I'm going to try and respond to your questions later this week.

No comments: