Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"The Blizzard"

I know I'm not breaking any new ground by saying this, but seriously, people around here are SO lame where snow is concerned. A bunch of schools were cancelled as of last night, including Williamson County by the time I went to bed. Which meant no Bible study this morning. However, because the roads were still pretty much fine and most of the kids were out of school, there were apparently lots of parents calling the babysitting service this morning to find childcare. So, I got a call around 8:15 and ended up heading down to Brentwood to be with some kids I'd not met before.

Some people apparently have referred to the weather we have been experiencing here as a "blizzard." Let me be clear--I have yet to see any snow on the road, and while there has been *some* snow on the grass, there hasn't been enough at any one time to completely cover it. No storied blanket of white. Sure, there have been moments when you look out the window and there are a mess of flakes flying around in the air, but THAT IS NOT A BLIZZARD. If you are tempted to use that word, I would urge extreme caution as to whom you address it to. Anyone who has ever shoveled out from two or more feet (including yours truly) might be likely to slug you.

The next thing on the Lynngenda is tonight's NFG Kickin' It Night, which is supposed to be 99 cent bowling. Again, as with all activities around now, it will be interesting to see how many people make it. As previously mentioned, the flu has knocked a bunch of people out.

I think I might try to catch a quick snooze before it's time to bowl. Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

a real librarian said...

Amen, sister - this is SO not a blizzard!!!