Saturday, February 9, 2008

Saturday on the Monon Greenway

It's supposed to be very cold here tomorrow, so today we took advantage of the sunny and (relatively) mild weather to take a little excursion around downtown Carmel and along the Monon Greenway. Downtown Carmel features quite a few alarmingly lifelike statues, and these are the ones right where the Greenway comes through the downtown arts area.

The ones dressed appropriately for the weather are actually Grace and William (the statues aren't THAT alarmingly lifelike).

Graffiti along the trail, striking an interesting balance between being quite politically correct and simultaneously not at all:

The following photo was taken for posterity. I have promised eight-year old William that, should he ever become a father some day, I will bring this photo to his offspring's bassinet and start lobbying that day for lifelong piggyback rides. I may even have to relocate to wherever he and his family happen to be, so as to maximize my impact.


Maybe it's the cold, but the time sure does go by fast here in Indiana! I can't believe that tomorrow is my last full day here. Grace and I are planning on making dinner for the family, so I'm sure there will be some stories to report (hopefully not involving the fire department).

No comments: