Thursday, February 7, 2008

One tired Oyster

Just a quick post to report my safe arrival in Carmel, Indiana, where I am happily ensconced in the fancy digs that are the new Casa de Hahn. Turns out one's real estate dollar stretches considerably farther here in the great midwest than in the Garden State.

I made the drive after sitting for my regular Thursday buddy Larsen, which made for a long day. From Brentwood to Carmel took me almost exactly five hours, including a short rest/fuel break. But once I post this, it's off to the Land of Nod for me . . . and then I'll have pretty much the whole day tomorrow to help Nancy with unpacking.

No pictures from today's travels, so instead, here are some from what I hope to make a new tradition at my house: post-church Sunday dinner for my Midtown peeps. There were lucky thirteen of us altogether.

The library end of the table:

The "kitchen" end:


Liz loves hot beverages.

Extremely serious cake-cutting face.

New friend Scott--he is actually from Indianapolis, which is basically where I am right now, although I did not know that at the time.

Yay for friends! Suzanne and Stefani--and yes, I made my friends wear nametags. That is precisely how dorky I am.


Sarah loves being photographed.

Mmmmm . . . pineapple upside-down cake.


Enough blogging for this sleepy girl. More Carmel-rific antics tomorrow!

1 comment:

KG said...

At first I thought you meant Land of Nod the store and I was jealous. And then I realized you meant sleep...and I was still jealous.