Friday, February 8, 2008

LOST in Indy

Some of you know that I am a bit fixated on the TV show, "LOST." The term "obsessed" has also been applied (affectionately, I think). So it's an obvious display of how much I love the Hahns that I was willing to sacrifice seeing the newest episode air last night, opting instead to watch it when I get the chance in streaming video online.

So last night, right about the time "LOST" would be coming on, I was just circling Indianapolis on I-465, on my way to Carmel. For reasons too complicated to go into, I had abandoned my iPod in search of tolerable local radio. And right at 9 PM (8 Central), my radio stopped on something that wasn't a commercial or a song--what it sounded like was the audio of a TV program. I figured I was projecting, seeing as how I was thinking about my favorite show coming on right then and all--but as I continued to listen, it became apparent that what I was hearing was the audio for that night's episode, as it was premiering to the world! WHA-HOO! It took me about twenty minutes to get to the Hahns' from there, but I listened through the first two commercial breaks and was delighted to have had the opportunity dropped in my lap. Seeing as how all the east coast people have turned in for the night, I may actually watch the episode after I post this--if I can stay awake that long myself.

The day got off to a slow start with my unintentionally making a pot of decaf coffee instead of regular. This fact was discovered around lunchtime, when I decided I was going to need to make a 2nd pot, since I couldn't seem to wake up. WHOOPS. Joseph Heller should have written about the whole "needing a cup of coffee in order to produce a cup of coffee" dilemma.

In spite of my fatigue-induced incompetence, we had a fairly productive morning of unpacking, followed by an afternoon of errand-running. Carmel has what I now believe to be the World's Greatest Kroger, and believe me that this is not an insignificant accomplishment. They make their own potato chips in the store!!! And boy howdy, are they ever good.

Grace would not get on the "Muppet Babies" ride at the front of the Wal-Mart, even though I promised to take her picture and post it here on the blog. Spoil sport. It would have been awesome.

Tomorrow will be "family fun day" where there will be no moving-related work allowed. Hopefully the festivities will yield some entertaining and/or humiliating photo ops.

No comments: