Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Hallmark Conspiracy Day!

No, I'm not really bitter about Valentine's Day. I mean, I do really think it is a "holiday" completely oriented around consumerism, but which of them aren't at this point? I promise that if The Man could figure out a way to turn a profit on Armistice Day, people would start putting giant inflatable doughboys out on their lawns. (Yes, I realize that it is now called Veterans' Day, but "Armistice" is a better word, and who doesn't love a good WW I reference?)

Not much to report today. I just got home a bit ago from my regular Thursday babysitting job, and will be heading out again momentarily for a special Valentine's Night gig with one of my favorite families. My house still smells of smoke from the fire I had in the fireplace yesterday--mmmmm. Better than Glade, in my opinion.

Mom and Dad should be in Cincinnati tonight, and arriving here in the early afternoon tomorrow. Hooray!

Happy Valentine's Day, and watch out for those cream-centered chocolates (yuck).

No comments: