Monday, April 14, 2008

Sold My Soul to MySpace

Several people have asked me about hearing samples of what we have been working on in the studio over the past few weeks, so today Dave burned a CD with rough cuts of the two songs currently in progress. And I came home all excited to share them with my faithful blog-reading audience . . . but unfortunately, the process is more complicated than I realized. For some reason, I thought I could just upload the files right onto the blog and people could listen to them, but sadly that is not the case.

After several unsuccessful attempts at other solutions, I finally broke down and set up the Miss Lynn music MySpace page. I knew it was an inevitability, but I hoped to put it off until stuff was more ready--like the album, for instance.

And I don't want to look a gift horse in the free-webpage-provision, but MySpace is kind of a mess. Things often don't work the way they are supposed to. I tried three times to post something on there cautioning listeners about the fact that the clips are rough works-in-progress--but when the MySpace blog application repeatedly malfunctioned, I gave up. Hopefully people will be able to discern that from the word "Rough" included in both song titles.

Having said all that, I suppose it's an adequate solution for now, and it is nice to give folks an opportunity to hear where we are. So if you're interested, mosey on over and take a listen!

Miss Lynn on MySpace

EDIT: I almost forgot to mention this, since it happened when I was on my way over to the Spencers' this morning--but I heard my brother's name on the radio. WEIRD. Only it was not attached to him! EVEN WEIRDER. Yes, there is a guy in Nashville with the same name as my brother (uncommon last name, common first), and he apparently won something on the radio this morning. So, congratulations, David Hickernell! Only not the one I actually know. I sort of expected someone I know to have heard it and called me about it, but that didn't happen. Either people don't listen to Lightning 100, or they don't pay attention, or they don't like me. One of those options.

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss Lynn, We listened to your songs and I think they are great. I like Clap my Feet best.

Love, Colin

Anonymous said...

The CD in the stereo right now is the ATP CD, vintage 2005. Now THAT is a rough cut!

Jen