Friday, April 11, 2008

The blogging cow says, "Mooooooooot"

What a difference a week (and some near-tornadic wind) makes. Regular readers will recall my hammock-related musings from this past Sunday, particularly the potential viability of swinging from this compromised tree in my backyard:


Well, as promised and mentioned here, storms raged in Middle Tennessee last night into this morning. Leaving aforementioned tree looking like this:

Guess that pretty much answers that question.

I am feeling a little worn out after all my running around this week. My time in the studio working with Dave Spencer has been great, but fitting it in around my normal activities has made my schedule somewhat more hectic than usual. I am invited to three different gatherings this evening, but I think I will probably just go to Kate's Senior Thesis Exhibition (she's finally graduating from Watkins! Whoop whoop!) and then come home and be chill. Tomorrow will be another busy day, and the anticipation of that makes this afternoon and evening seem like a good opportunity for some down time. Although now that it has finally stopped raining, I am tempted to go out and dig in the garden some more . . . we'll see. I am still a little concerned about wearing myself down and thus increasing my susceptibility to catching some of the crud that keeps going around.

Happy Friday to all, and to all a good weekend.

No comments: