Monday, April 7, 2008

Guess how much I paid for milk and bananas?

Nineteen cents. That's right, $0.19! I finally made it over to Produce Place on Murphy Road over in West Nashville today, where I don't get very often since I don't babysit at St. George's anymore on Thursdays. I've had five returnable half-gallon bottles sitting in my garage for about five months, and so took the opportunity while I was in the neighborhood this afternoon to take them back. Once I got my deposit back on the bottles, the total for my new half-gallon of Tennessee milk and five organic bananas was six cents shy of a quarter. I gave the gal two nickels and a dime, and still got a penny in change. WOW.

In other exciting news from today, it was really warm here (weather.com said mid-70s, but it felt like 80 to me); DS and I started working on a new song this morning in the studio; and I got to meet Miss Canaan Jones (she was three weeks old on Saturday)!

I need the aforementioned milk and bananas for book club tomorrow night, which I am hosting--but that's all I'm going to report about the menu for now. The books we have been reading are One Hundred Years of Solitude and Harold and the Purple Crayon. I have about 60 more pages of Solitude to read to get up to the 2/3 point by tomorrow night, so I guess I'll sign off and get to it. Happy Monday!

No comments: