Saturday, April 12, 2008

Girls rule . . . boys salivate for bubble tea

Today was "Girls' Day" for the ladies in our neighborhood group! It was a great time of hanging, drinking and eating. After we converged at the home of Heather K., we headed over to Nashville's bubble tea emporium, Fat Straw. If you are unfamiliar with this magical beverage experience, click here for a quick primer a la Wikipedia.

Bubble tea is so tasty, and also pretty! I got a picture of all our teas lined up. A rainbow of deliciousness.


Unfortunately, not all of our grrrrlz were able to join us today, but we are hoping to do it again towards the beginning of June (whatever Saturday Heather H. doesn't have to work), and have everyone along for the fun.

In other news, I purchased my plane tickets yesterday for my upcoming trip to Sunriver! My original thought was to go in June again and repeat my participation in the Pacific Crest weekend of sporting events. But the timing was going to be difficult, I wasn't going to get to stay as long as I wanted, the tickets were going to be expensive, and frankly, my first attempts at running this season have not been terribly encouraging. Like, a fair amount of knee pain. But Southwest had some really good fares on specific dates in May, so I'll be going from the 13th to the 29th. I'm SO EXCITED!

Well, somehow it has once again gotten to be 11 pm, and thus time for me to call it a day. I'm not sure how that hour between 22:00 and 23:00 seems to pass by more quickly than any of the others, except maybe the ones when I'm sleeping. In any case, hope your Saturday was as lovely as mine, and tune in tomorrow to read more of my mundane life.

No comments: