Tuesday, March 4, 2008

40% off can help heal a lot of old wounds

(3/6/08: Somehow, the Internet seems to have eaten the first part of this post, where I explained about my love/hate relationship with Joann's Fabric and Craft stores. Or, more likely, I just messed up when I posted it. Well, to make a short story boring, I used to love Joann's, then they messed it up and I vowed never to shop there again, then they started sending me coupons in the mail and my cheapness got the better of my integrity. Each skein of yarn in the photo below was purchased with a separate 40% off coupon. After the two photos is the surviving text from my original post.)



The buttons were all 50% off, so I didn't have to use my precious coupons on them! Now that I'm thinking about it, I wish I'd gotten more. I may have to take another quick trip down to CS after I'm done babysitting in Brentwood on Thursday.

The buttons (and the yarn, in large part) is for baby sweaters as I mentioned yesterday. Right now I'm designing some cardigans. The daisy buttons are to go with the light green yarn. The car buttons are for some (not pictured) grey yarn, which I will emblazon at a few points with double yellow lines (like the road, get it?) I'm excited to get started on them and some of the others I'm thinking of!

Guess that's it for tonight. I don't think there are any random snowflakes in tomorrow's forecast, so hopefully my Bible study job will go off as planned! Then in the afternoon, I am making mini meatloaves for tomorrow night's NFG dinner. Hope they turn out okay . . . I'll let you know!

No comments: