Sunday, March 16, 2008

(Palm) Sunday dinner

Hard to believe, but another post-church Sunday dinner has come and gone. Once again, it was a lovely time with too much food (although maybe not as WAY too much as anticipated?) On the menu was ham, sweet potatoes, mac-n-cheese, green bean casserole (a la Trish), fruit salad (made by Liz), dinner rolls and beverages (courtesy of Sarah), corn pudding and chocolate-chocolate-chocolate (thanks, Heather!) And let's not forget those Thin Mints, also from Trish. Mmmmmmmmm.

As previously mentioned, I spent much of yesterday getting ready to have folks over today. Some of this morning before I went to church, too. Dad put up the display shelves for my salt & pepper shakers when they were here last month, but I hadn't put them out until I was preparing for today. Here they are in all their glory!



I also finally got some of my pictures hung up. My tribute to Nashville:


The pictures were hung and the food was cooked, so the only thing left was the peeps! I don't know why Adrienne does this in every picture.


You can't really tell, but the tablecloths I have are no longer adequate for the newly extended, super pimped-out dining table. I may need to buy some appropriate fabric at Joann's or something.


I think the final count was 16? It's all kind of a blur. In any case, I believe I need to get some more folding chairs.

The only sadness was the loss of my black ladle, which served valiantly for many years before finally succumbing to entropy this afternoon. In other words, the handle broke off. Rest in peace, little ladle.


I am very tempted to take a nap at this point, but since Karen and I are supposed to hang out as usual tonight, I will try and push through. I need to be up somewhat early tomorrow morning to be out in West Franklin by 9:00, so it can't be too late of a late night.

Thanks to all my friends who came over to eat today, and most especially those who contributed yumminess to the festivities! In spite of my current fatigue, I'm looking forward to doing it again in six weeks or so.

No comments: