Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Hooray for mini meatloaves

So, the little individual meatloaves I made for dinner at tonight's NFG were a success. As I believe I mentioned previously, I stole the idea from Rachael Ray (you regular readers may remember that Grace and I made them up in Indiana a few weeks back). I didn't follow RR's recipe apart from the size, but tweaked my own applesauce meatloaf standby. I substituted BBQ sauce for half of the applesauce, and they were mighty tasty. And there were only 3 left out of 18, so I guess I made the right amount.

After this morning's Bible study, I spent most of today running around doing errands, and then cooking for tonight and doing kitchen chores. I also made a batch of granola and one of apple-cinnamon oatmeal mix. Yes, I make granola. I also make yogurt, and on occasion, cheese. I'm *that* girl.

Speaking of which, while we were waiting for it to be 2 pm on Sunday, so that we could get the Alley Cat's version of queso which is the best in the world (and isn't served until the lunch menu kicks in at 2), we walked over to East Nashville's Turnip Truck. This is an organic food/produce store, and it kind of blew my mind. I mean, I've been to lots of stores that stock products like these (where art thou, Trader Joe?), but I don't recall ever seeing such a vast selection! I took a photo with Karen's camera of the mind-blowingest product I came across:

That's right, it's hemp milk Under the brand name, "Hemp Bliss." I didn't buy any (especially at those prices!) 'Cause I might be *that* girl, but I'm not THAT girl.

Time for beddy-bye for me. And when I get up in the morning, I'll have my choice of store-bought cereal, homemade granola or oatmeal for breakfast! Delightful.

No comments: