Monday, March 3, 2008

Beat the storm

There are currently thunderstorms raging here in Nashtown; the lights keep flickering and the Internet seems to be going in and out, as well. So I'll try to make this quick and hopefully get it posted before everything goes kablooey.

In the past weeks I have discovered the need to focus in my noncommissioned work for OysterGirl. I've got a long list of things that I want to make at some point in the future, but the reality is that I can only do so much at one time. So, for Spring '08 I've decided to concentrate on baby stuff.

Like Virgil (K's roommate, not the blind poet), babies don't have much hair and thus need hats to keep their heads warm! Presenting the first in a series of OG baby zigzag hats, AKA "teeny tiny head afghans." This first one is going up on the store once I can get some decent photos of it.



These next two more pointy-headed ones are for two little girls brand new to the Midtown family. Even though they are to be gifts, I feel confident that the recipients won't be seeing them here on the blog first: one of them is still cookin' (due any day now!), and I'm pretty sure the other one only reads political blogs like Wonkette.




I don't know why the colors didn't photograph better--I still can't quite figure out my camera. The photos on the store that I'm happiest with are the ones taken outside, so I think I'm going to try and do that exclusively from now on.

Well, I think I've pushed my luck far enough as far as hoping the power and Interweb will hold out, so happy Monday, keep your powder and your pants dry, and I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments: