Friday, March 7, 2008

Happy birthday, Zoë!

Z is turning 5 today! I can hardly believe it. In commemoration of this auspicious occasion, here are a few of my favorite Zoë moments. There were MANY to choose from. Some of these photos have appeared here previously, but I don't think anyone will mind looking at them again.

Peeking through a knothole in the deck:


Sledding off the very same deck a couple of seasons later:


Coffee cozy or hat?





SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS!!!

I couldn't let this post go by without a knitting photo, which of course has to be Z's birthday-related. (Although I did make that pink hat up in the sledding picture, as well as the coffee cozy, of course.) So below is a picture of the birthday present I sent off last week. I'm assuming that she has opened it by now, although it is two hours earlier in Sunriver and I think she was going to school today? Of course, I'm not convinced that she's a regular reader of this blog, so I'm probably safe.



A Zoë-sized (I hope) hooded scarf. Not too exciting, in fact if I were five I might be kind of disappointed. But I thought she might be able to use one, what with all the snow and all.

I'd better get going, as I have plans to meet Allie and Hal for lunch in about 40 minutes! They are in town visiting my cousin/their son Matt. We are meeting at (where else) Sam and Zoë's!

No comments: