Saturday, March 29, 2008

My friends are really cheesy

I got my taxes about 98% done today--I discovered part-way through that I am missing one 1099-INT form from my bank in New Jersey. This is entirely my fault, since I never updated my address with them when I moved last year. Anyway, it will have to wait for Monday to be resolved. In the meantime, I think I did just about everything else on my return, so once I get that little bit of missing data, it should be all ready to file.

This afternoon, I headed over to the Gilberts' for some beer-drinking and cheese-making. We made two batches of mozzarella (2 gallons of milk, yielding approximately 24 oz. of cheese), and they were SO GOOD. I actually had my camera out in the car, but I hadn't thought to bring it in and it was raining like Elizabeth I outside the whole time I was there. So sadly, there are no pictures of our efforts.

From there I went over to Trish's, where we hung out for a while and then got ready to attend FUSION '08, a benefit for the Minnie Pearl Cancer Foundation founded by our dear friend Heather. I had packed all my clothes, makeup, shoes, etc. in a big blue IKEA bag so that I didn't have to make the trip back home in between. It worked out pretty well, as I didn't forget anything that I needed.

It was such a great event! I have some pictures, but since it's nearing midnight and I am signed up to lead the kids' music at church tomorrow, I don't want to take the time right now to upload them and all. So that will have to wait for tomorrow. Also, maybe I can get some of the pictures Lindsay took so that any interested parties can see *me* all dressed up in my finery.

Hope that wherever you are, you're having a great weekend. Try and stay warm and dry.

No comments: