Monday, March 24, 2008

Bonus

Now that it is officially no longer Lent, I guess I'm off the hook as far as having to post here every day. Technically I guess I was off the hook yesterday, but how could I not show you pictures of our "Enchanted" party? And that magnificent pineapple-y ham?

Today, fortunately or not, I have nothing like as newsworthy to report. So I suppose the fact that I have decided to post something could be seen as sort of a post-Easter bonus. On the other hand, I'm sort of feeling like every day, before or after the Resurrection, is a bonus--I mean, we are none of us entitled to waking up another day, no matter what we let ourselves believe. Any day there is to blog about is a gift with goodness in it, even if the particular goodness doesn't seem particularly blog-worthy.

Here's what's rattling around in my brain this evening . . . kind of a mental spring cleaning, if you will:

- trying to figure out how to create an e-mail list using an HTML form here on the blog (will I have to import a Perl script? And if so, is that compatible with Blogger?)

- my need to catch up on much-needed sleep before my busy week

- packing a lunch to eat in the car tomorrow in between being in the studio with DS from 9-12 and babysitting in Franklin from 1-5:30 (not to mention book club starting at 6:30)

- the fact that I need to make some more progress in One Hundred Years of Solitude without dozing off (not a reflection on Señor Garcia Marquez)

- running the vacuum over all the glitter currently on the carpet (not actually doing it, mind you, just thinking about it)

- knowing that, after the checks I deposited today have cleared, there will be enough money in my account to pay the mortgage when it comes due next week, but wondering about my other outstanding bills (and I don't mean that in the sense of "awesome!" either)

- debating whether to watch a show online, or just go to bed now and hope to sleep for 10 hours

Since I feel incapable of making a decision at this point, I think I'm going to prepare myself to go to bed and then curl up with the laptop in the dark. If I actually fall asleep (and don't push the computer out onto the floor, whoops), so much the better. Happy Monday!

No comments: