Saturday, March 8, 2008

Face Preservers

I know that I've discussed snow and Nashville's relative lack of it recently, but last night we got a legitimate snowfall. I was out on the roads after the mess started last night, and it was pretty bad. I was pretty prepared for a program at the Edmondson Pike Library this morning with no one but myself. However, when I got up, the roads were reasonably clean--and by the time I was getting ready to leave for the 'brary a little before 10, even my little side-street had been plowed! I began to have renewed hope that some daring souls might come out.

Well, dear readers, apparently Nashville is terrified of having its collective face rocked off. I know, it seems counterintuitive, right? Michael (who was playing with me) and Jenny did make it over without difficulty, and Chad came from his apartment just up the street, as well. And, since it was so slow at the library, Katie Sue got to join us for a bit.

Anyway, I don't fault any of the wary who didn't make it. After all, having one's face rocked off can be a daunting prospect. Also, there was real, actual snow on the ground, and I'm sure that not everywhere had been plowed yet by this morning. However, I'm not accepting any excuses for missing our repeat engagement on April 19! If Nashville has snow in April, people not coming to my program will be the least of our worries.

Here's a picture I took when I got home from the library, before everything melted away. A few hours earlier, the grass was actually completely obscured! That is certainly a record for my time in the Volunteer State.


I worked on another baby sweater yesterday and finished it up this afternoon. I haven't measured it to work out the exact sizing, but it's smaller than the daisy one. I'm thinking 12 months? Since this one is more of a boy-ish design, I put the buttons on the other side.


I haven't updated my wishlist in a while, and I really should--'cause I have some things to take off! I now have a shredder and a food/postal scale.

I'll be off babysitting in a little more than an hour . . . hopefully it won't be too late of an evening, since we lose an hour's sleep tonight (boo!) Make sure you remember to set your clocks forward an hour (1:00 a.m. becomes 2:00 a.m.), and I'll see you again tomorrow!

No comments: