Sunday, March 23, 2008

One Enchanted Day

Happy Easter, y'all! Lots of pictures today. Let's get right to 'em!

After church, I headed over to Heather's for some fine Easter dinner. I made glazed carrots.


Brenda made potato casserole AKA miracle potatoes. OH MY GOSH they were so good.


Heather prepared this magnificent ham . . . look how pretty it is! She's very skilled at presentation.


Everyone is so excited about eating . . .



Twenty minutes later, everyone is stuffed and falling over in diabetic comas.


Brenda also made two desserts, both of which looked AMAZING. I didn't get a picture of the coconut cake, but this is a s'mores dessert with a graham cracker crust, which is baked and on top of which chocolate chips are melted, and then covered with mini marshmallows. It saddens me to report that I had to leave (to get ready for the next phase of the day) before dessert was served.

After Heather's, I rushed home to bake brownies and get ready for "Enchanted" night at Trish's! This is the event for which I spent much of yesterday in preparation. 'Cause some of us were coming to watch the Disney movie in costume . . . here we are in our glory!


See how my evil magic is so much more powerful than Heather's good magic? That's why it stays aloft, while hers is just limp. BWAH HAH HAH.


Fresh fruit is an important part of any diet (unless you're sensitive to fructose like Jenny G.)


I built five wands total with knitting needles, plastic eggs, styrofoam, glitter and Mod Podge yesterday, but we really only used the two of them from which "magic" was actually emanating. And one of the styrofoam ones got damaged in transit. But you never know when you might need a magic wand, so I'll certainly hold on to them.

Rumor has it that there is another "Enchanted" party scheduled for a few weeks from now, so we may get the chance to do it all over again! Sweet. Hopefully, next time we can arrange for Heather to put birds in her hair (and not, as was suggested, Peeps).

He is risen, indeed! And I am tired, indeed, so off to beddy bye for me.

No comments: